A scrumptious alternative to chili made with ground beef. Cook’s Delight® Organic Chicken & Veggie Blue Label Blend provides a flavorful background that brings all the ingredients together.
Ingredients (4-5 servings)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 3 – 15 oz cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 tsp Organic Chicken & Veggie Blue Label Blend by Cook’s Delight® Soup Base
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 – 4 oz cans green chili peppers, diced
Organic Chicken & Veggie Blue Label Blend by Cook’s Delight® BL-974
As an alternate try:
Chicken & Veggie Blue Label Blend by Cook’s Delight® BL-674
- Cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in cumin, oregano, ground red pepper and cloves. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine Organic Chicken & Veggie Blue Label Blend by Cook’s Delight® Soup Base and water to create Stock.
- Stir in the beans, chili peppers and Chicken Stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered for five minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, heat the mixture through.
- Ladle chili into bowls or mugs.
- Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Dollop sour cream and additional chilies, if desired.
This recipe is gluten-free.